Thursday, October 8, 2009

Proverbs...


While I was searching the internet for a famous proverb's translation to write another post , I found some proverbs in Arabic and their translation to English , I liked it really and wanted to share it with you …..

الغايب عذره معه The absent party is not faulty

العبرة بالأعمال وليست بالأقوال Actions speak louder than words

يزيد الطين بلة Add fuel to the fire

كل شدة وتهون،الصبر مفتاح الفرج After black clouds, clear weather

من شبّ على شيء شاب عليه Always has been, always will be

وفسّر الماء بعد الجهد بالماء After great effort, he explained that water is water

الطيور على أشكالها تقع Birds of feather flock together

هذا الشبل من ذاك الأسد A chip of the old block

عامل الناس كما تحب أن يعاملوك Do as you would be done

على قدر لحافك مد رجليك Cut your coat according to your cloth

ما يأتي بسهولة يذهب بسهولة Easy come, easy go

رب ضرة نافعة Every cloud has a silver lining

لا حلاوة بدون نار No gains without pains


Hope you liked them ...and i still have more :)

1 comments:

toma on October 12, 2009 at 1:25 PM said...

I liked them aloooooot, and come on with the others :D ... feed w estfeeed y3ny ;)hehe

Post a Comment

 

The Little Girl's Thoughts Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez Blogger Templates